Finally! I've tried various alfredo recipes, erring on the lighter side and my results have typically been disappointing. This recipe is wonderful. The sauce is creamy without being thick, and stays that way throughout the meal. With no butter, heavy cream, and light on the cream cheese, this dish is nutritious. The chicken cooked quickly as it was sliced thin. A few notes--I started the pasta cooking right as I started cooking the meat so it was done about the same time. As I was only serving two adults and a child, I only used one large chicken breast half (it was probably slightly less than 1lb). It was a perfect quantity for us. Second, I used all 3TBS of cheese in the sauce and sprinkled a bit more on top before serving. Lastly, instead of incorporating the pasta and sauce together in one dish, I layed the noodles on the each plate and spooned sauce and chicken over it. Served with simple broiled asparagus. This is my go-to alfredo recipe now. So glad I found it!
Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken
Amount per serving
- Calories: 460
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 15%
- Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 470mg
- Sugars: 3g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Protein: 39g
- Calcium: 15%
- 1/2 pound fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 4 ounces oz. (1/2 of 8-oz.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- COOK pasta as directed on package.
- MEANWHILE, heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 7 min. or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet. Mix broth and flour in same skillet. Stir in Neufchatel, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, garlic powder and pepper; cook 2 min. or until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly with whisk. Stir in chicken.
- DRAIN pasta; place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- KRAFT kitchens tips:
- SPECIAL EXTRASprinkle with 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley just before serving.
- SUBSTITUTEPrepare as directed, using whole wheat fettuccine.
- VARIATION Stir in 2 cups chopped cooked broccoli before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes