Yum! So easy, too. I added shrimp and it was excellent.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 345
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 16.8g
- Carbohydrate: 46.7g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 401mg
- Calcium: 333mg
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons light process cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (cooked without salt or fat)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic, and saut 1 minute. Stir in flour. Gradually add skim milk, stirring with a wire whisk until mixture is blended. Cook, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cream cheese; cook 2 minutes. Add 1 cup Parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until Parmesan cheese melts.
- Pour sauce over hot cooked fettuccine, and toss well to coat. Top fettuccine with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables