Bleahhh! These were awful! I had company and it was so embarrassing. Oh well....
Feta-Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Photo: Randy Mayor; Stylist: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 386
- Fat: 13.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 30.2g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 897mg
- Calcium: 198mg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup grated English cucumber
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 (2-ounce) Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients. Divide mixture into four portions. Indent center of each portion; place 1 1/2 tablespoons feta into each. Fold turkey mixture around cheese; shape each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- 2. Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 5 minutes on each side.
- 3. Combine cucumber, yogurt, and mint in a small bowl. Arrange 1 turkey patty, 1 tomato slice, 1 lettuce leaf, and 2 tablespoons yogurt mixture on bottom half of each roll. Top with top halves of rolls.
- Sautéed zucchini: Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 cups sliced zucchini and 2 minced garlic cloves; sauté 5 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches