flavor is excellent and would get 5 stars however, the phyllo will get soggy after a time
- 1 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 frozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/2 pound butter, melted
- Beat cheeses at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs at low speed, one at a time, until blended. Stir in dill, salt, and pepper.
- Cut each pastry sheet into a 13- x 9-inch rectangle. Stack 8 pastry sheets in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan, brushing with butter between sheets. Spread with cheese mixture; top with 4 more sheets, and brush with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
- NOTE: Squares may be baked, covered with foil, and frozen. Thaw at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake squares at 350° for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers