- 1/2 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- calories 295
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 11.1 g
- satfat 6.4 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 42.4 g
- carbohydrate 4.8 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 127 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 599 mg
- calcium 103 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
Cut a horizontal slit through 1 side of each chicken breast half to form a deep pocket. Stuff 1/4 cup tomato mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt.
Fold 4 (16 x 12inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil in half crosswise. Open foil; place 1 1/2 teaspoons butter on half of each foil sheet. Place 1 stuffed chicken breast half on top of each portion of butter. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon rind on top of each stuffed chicken breast half, and drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon chicken broth. Fold foil over chicken, and tightly crimp edges. Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 minutes. Carefully open packets; transfer each chicken breast half to a serving plate. Cut each chicken breast half crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve immediately.
Young Chefs can:
Pull basil and oregano leaves off stems
Sprinkle lemon rind on stuffed chicken breasts
Older Chefs can:
Combine stuffing ingredients
Fold and crimp packets closed, and place on baking sheet