Wife loved it. served with baked potato and salad. Placed in dish not foil. Baked for 30 minutes. Cooked throughout-and big breasts!
Feta, Herb, and Sun-Dried Tomato-Stuffed Chicken
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 311
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 43g
- Carbohydrate: 8.2g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 121mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 572mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan; add tomatoes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and slice into thin strips. Combine tomatoes, cheese, 2 teaspoons chopped basil, oregano, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each piece to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Cut a horizontal slit through one side of each chicken breast half to form a deep pocket. Stuff 1/4 cup tomato mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Fold 4 (16 x 12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil in half crosswise. Open foil; place 1 1/2 teaspoons butter on half of each foil sheet. Lay one stuffed chicken breast half on top of each portion of butter. Place 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon rind on top of each stuffed chicken breast half, and drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon chicken broth. Fold foil over chicken, and tightly seal edges. Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake packets at 425° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 minutes. Unfold packets carefully, and thinly slice each chicken breast half. Garnish each serving with 1/2 teaspoon sliced basil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes