1. Preheat grill to medium high.
2. Leaving root end intact, quarter escarole lengthwise; brush with 1 tabespoon oil. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each paprika and salt.
3. Take the escarole, chicken corn, scallions and tomatoes out to the grill. Oil the grill rack. Place escarole and scallions on the grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until charred in spots, 2 to 4 minutes for the scallions, 3 to 4 minutes for the escarole. Transfer to a plate. Place the chicken, corn and tomatoes on the grill, with the chicken on the hottest part and the tomatoes skin-side down. Grill the chicken, turning occasionally, until an instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165 degrees, 8 to 16 minutes. Grill the corn, turning occasionally, until tender, 8 to 12 minutes. Grill the tomatoes, turning once, until charred in spots, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
4. Place the tomatoes in a blender; add garlic, vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each paprika and salt. Puree until smooth.
5. Cut off the root ends of the escarole; coarsely chop the leaves and put in a bowl. Cut the corn kernels off the cobs and coarsely chop the scallions' add to the bowl. Toss the salad with 1/2 cup of the dressing. Divide among 4 plates. Thinly slice the chicken and divide among the salads. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts.
CALORIES: 498 FAT: 27g PROTEIN: 39g CHOL: 104mg CARB: 28g
FIBER: 8g SODIUM: 726mg
Go to full version of