Feta-Chicken Couscous Salad with Basil
Serve this salad with crispbreads and red pepper hummus for a light summer meal.
Prep: 9 minutes; Cook: 2 minutes; Other: 5 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 17.2g
- Carbohydrate: 20.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 366mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast (such as Tyson)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1. Bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add couscous; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. While couscous stands, combine chicken and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing gently to coat.
- 3. Fluff couscous with a fork. Add couscous, salad greens, and cheese to chicken mixture; toss gently to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note