- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast (such as Tyson)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- calories 208
- caloriesfromfat 31 %
- fat 7 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 2.9 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 17.2 g
- carbohydrate 20.7 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- cholesterol 33 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 366 mg
- calcium 56 mg
How to Make It
Bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add couscous; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
While couscous stands, combine chicken and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing gently to coat.
Fluff couscous with a fork. Add couscous, salad greens, and cheese to chicken mixture; toss gently to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.