These were a hit! You definitely have to let them chill for easier handling. I also very lightly dampened my hands (very lightly) for the rolling and although they were still a little messy it seemed to help some. I toasted some pecans, ground them up in the processor and rolled some of the balls in that and it was fantastic!! This is an awesome recipe and very versatile. I'm making the parsley and pecan rolled balls for a birthday party this weekend. Should be a winner!
Feta Cheese Truffles
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
Yield: Makes 6 appetizer servings
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-oz.) container crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cucumber slices
- Grape tomatoes
- Kalamata olives
- Whole almonds
- 1. Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Cover mixture tightly, and chill at least 1 hour or until firm (can chill up to 3 days).
- 2. Roll cheese mixture into 3/4-inch-round balls. Roll each ball in parsley. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve. If chilled, let stand 30 minutes before serving. Serve with cucumber slices, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, and whole almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers