Festive Shortbread Logs
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) Confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla extract
- 2 cup(s) Flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoon(s) Shortening
- 3/4 cup(s) Ground walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners sugar. Add vanilla. Gradually add flour, mix well. With lightly floured hands, shape tablespoons into 2 inch logs (looks similar to lady finger cookies). Place 2 inches apart on unthreaded baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until edges and bottom are lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire rack.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over half of the cookies (entire cookie). Dip one edge of the remaining cookies into chocolate; then sprinkle with walnuts.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dmradcliffe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Festive Shortbread Logs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies