This recipe was fantastic! It was a big hit for my New Year's Day Dinner. I will definitely use this recipe again.
Festive Pork Loin Roast
More From Southern Living
Stand: 15 Minutes
- 2 (4-pound) center cut boneless pork loins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Sausage Stuffing
- 3 white bread slices
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Mushroom Sauce
- Garnishes: decoratively cut orange, fresh cranberries, fresh kale
- Cut pork loins in half lengthwise; sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 2 cups of Sausage Stuffing evenly on each bottom half. Place each top half over stuffing, and tie firmly with kitchen string.
- Pulse together bread, pecans, and bourbon in a food processor 6 times or until crumbly. Spread half bread mixture evenly over top of each roast. Place roasts on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour chicken broth and lemon juice into bottom of pan.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 425° for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and bake 30 more minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with Mushroom Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This