Festive Holiday Biscotti
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) Butter or margarine
- 11/3 cup(s) Sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) Lemon peel Finely shredded
- 2 teaspoon(s) Orange peel Finely shredded
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla
- 3 cup(s) Flour
- 1 cup(s) Dried cranberries
- 1 cup(s) Pistachio nuts Chopped
- 6 ounce(s) Pkg white chocolate baking squares Cut up
- 4 teaspoon(s) Shortening
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds. Add sugar and next 4 ingredients; beat until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can. Stir in any remaining flour, cranberries and nuts. Shape dough in 3 12x2" rolls. Place rolls on an ungreased cookie sheet, flatten slightly. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool on baking sheet for 1 hour.
- Cut each roll crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place slices, cut side down on cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 8 minutes. Turn and bake 8 minutes more or untl crisp and light brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a saucepan over low heat site white chocolate and shortening just til chocolate is melted. Drizzle atop cookies. Let stand a few minutes at room temperature until set.
- Yield: about 72 cookies.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dswartzel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note