Festive Grilled Pineapple
For extra convenience, you can buy a peeled, cored fresh pineapple; they're usually in the produce section of the supermarket.
More From Southern Living
Grill: 6 Minutes
- 1 fresh pineapple
- PAM Cooking Spray for Grilling
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup toasted sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped macadamia nuts
- 1. Peel and core pineapple. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- 2. Spray cold cooking grate with cooking spray, and place on grill, over medium-high heat (350º to 400º). Place pineapple slices on cooking grate, and grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
- 3. Melt 4 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, and cook until sugar dissolves. Add grilled pineapple, spooning sugar mixture over pineapple, and cook 3 minutes or until mixture is thickened and pineapple is glazed. Top pineapple with ice cream; sprinkle evenly with coconut and macadamia nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This