- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/4 cup finely chopped candied cherries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped raisins
- 1 baked (9-inch) pastry shell
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Additional finely chopped pecans
How to Make It
Combine egg yolks, 1 1/3 cups whipping cream, 1 cup sugar, and flour in a heavy saucepan, beating well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans, dates, cherries, and raisins; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into pastry shell. Cool.
Before serving, beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream until foamy. Gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread whipped cream over filling, and sprinkle with additional chopped pecans.