- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin beef tips
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (22-ounce) package frozen mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
How to Make It
Sprinkle beef tips with Cajun seasoning.
Cook beef in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until browned. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
Stir in broth and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.
Cook frozen mashed potatoes according to package directions.
Stir together cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over mashed potatoes.