- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 1 sweet onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped preserved lemon*
- 2 tablespoons chopped, pitted, oil-cured black olives or kalamata olives (about 10 olives)
How to Make It
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Serve at room temperature.
*You can order a 17-ounce jar ($12) from LaVigue Fruits, 760/723-9997 or lavignefruits.com.
The Scent of Orange Blossoms: Sephardic Cuisine from Morocca