Fab receipe! Used panchetta instead of bacon and used a bit of gyre cheese and came out tasting amazing!
Fennel and Spinach Salad with Shrimp and Balsamic Vinaigrette
More From Cooking Light
Total: 18 Minutes
- Calories: 274
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 27.5g
- Carbohydrate: 11.2g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 176mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 487mg
- Calcium: 156mg
- 3 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 medium bulb)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings, and crumble. Add the shrimp to pan, and cook 2 minutes, turning once.
- 2. Combine bacon, 2 cups fennel, grape tomatoes, red onion, and baby spinach in a bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add the shrimp and balsamic mixture to spinach mixture; toss well.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This