Fennel-Spiced Wild Salmon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 255
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 0.3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 313mg
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 skinless wild Alaska salmon fillets (each 5 oz. and 1 in. thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a small, unoiled frying pan over medium heat, toast fennel seeds, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and a shade darker, 3 to 5 minutes. Put fennel seeds, salt, and pepper in a clean coffee or spice grinder and grind until coarsely ground.
- 2. Rinse salmon fillets and pat dry. Dust each fillet generously with spice mix, then rub it in gently. Pour oil onto a platter and lightly coat fillets.
- 3. Preheat charcoal or gas grill to medium (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above the grill only 4 to 5 seconds). Cook salmon, skinned (outer) sides up, 3 minutes (close lid on gas grill). Turn salmon over and cook 3 minutes, or until moist and only slightly pink in center (cut to check). Let salmon rest 3 to 5 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This