Fennel and Red Grapefruit Salad
Photo: Mark Thomas; Styling: Gerri Williams
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 123
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 169mg
- 3 pounds fennel bulbs
- 4 large red grapefruits
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cups baby arugula, packed (about 5 oz.)
- 1. Remove stalks from fennel. Mince 2 tsp. fronds; discard stalks. Cut fennel bulbs into quarters and remove core and any damaged outer leaves. Slice fennel crosswise into thin slices; transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Cut off tops and bottoms of grapefruits. Slice off peel and white pith. Working over a bowl, cut between membranes to remove segments, dropping them into bowl. Squeeze membranes over bowl to extract juice. Using a slotted spoon, put segments in bowl with fennel, reserving juice; add onion.
- 3. Make dressing: Whisk 6 Tbsp. of reserved juice with garlic, mustard, tarragon and reserved 2 tsp. minced fennel fronds. Slowly whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Toss arugula with 3 Tbsp. of dressing. Line a platter with arugula. Toss fennel mixture with remaining dressing and arrange on top of arugula.
Also featured in: Homemade for the Holidays SIP, All You, December 2013
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads