Fennel and Red Grapefruit Salad
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 123
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 169mg
- 3 pounds fennel bulbs
- 4 large red grapefruits
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cups baby arugula, packed (about 5 oz.)
- 1. Remove stalks from fennel. Mince 2 tsp. fronds; discard stalks. Cut fennel bulbs into quarters and remove core and any damaged outer leaves. Slice fennel crosswise into thin slices; transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Cut off tops and bottoms of grapefruits. Slice off peel and white pith. Working over a bowl, cut between membranes to remove segments, dropping them into bowl. Squeeze membranes over bowl to extract juice. Using a slotted spoon, put segments in bowl with fennel, reserving juice; add onion.
- 3. Make dressing: Whisk 6 Tbsp. of reserved juice with garlic, mustard, tarragon and reserved 2 tsp. minced fennel fronds. Slowly whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Toss arugula with 3 Tbsp. of dressing. Line a platter with arugula. Toss fennel mixture with remaining dressing and arrange on top of arugula.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads