Fennel adds a very nice flavor to this side dish. A delicious side!
Fennel-Potato Hash is a versatile and easy side that goes well with fish, steaks, or your favorite scrambled eggs.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Sodium: 209mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cored, thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced yellow onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fennel fronds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add sliced fennel bulb, hash brown potatoes, and onion to pan; cook 12 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in chopped fennel fronds, salt, and black pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note