Fennel-Pomegranate Salad With Grilled Chicken
This colorful, nutrient-packed salad features grilled chicken breasts served wtih a mixture of fennel, fresh orange sections, pomegranate seeds and almonds.
More From Health
Chill: 1 Hour
- Calories: 259
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 193mg
- Calcium: 98mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, plus 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup orange sections
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds (about 1 pomegranate)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted, unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon very thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1. Combine olive oil, orange juice, 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl; add fennel. Toss to combine; cover and chill 1 hour.
- 2. In the meantime, heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Season chicken with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, place on grill and cook for about 4–5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3. Add orange sections and pomegranate seeds to fennel mixture; toss gently to combine. Top with almonds and mint. Serve salad with chicken breasts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note