Fennel Pistachio Dressing
Prepare this dressing for beautiful color on the plate. Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 17 minutes; Bake: 40 minutes; Stand: 20 minutes.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallot (about 2 to 3 shallots)
- 2 cups finely diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups cored and coarsely chopped fennel bulb (about 3 medium fennel bulbs)
- 4 cups fresh (soft) breadcrumbs (about 6 to 7 slices)
- 1 1/3 cups (about 8 ounces) roasted, salted, shelled pistachios
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Garnish: Fennel sprigs
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add shallot, celery, and garlic, and sauté 8 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften; transfer to a large bowl. Add olive oil to skillet, and heat over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Add fennel, and sauté over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Add fennel to celery mixture; let cool 10 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients until well combined. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 400° for 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This