- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small heads fennel (about 1 3/4 lbs. total)
- 3 red, yellow, and/or orange bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and slivered lengthwise
- calories 114
- caloriesfromfat 55 %
- protein 1.5 g
- fat 7 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- carbohydrate 13 g
- fiber 3.6 g
- sodium 111 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, and honey to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Trim stalks from fennel; chop enough feathery green fronds to make 2 tbsp. and reserve. Cut heads in half lengthwise, then shave into paper-thin strips (see Notes) or cut into thin slivers.
In a bowl, combine fennel and bell peppers. Drizzle with dressing and mix gently to coat; cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day (see Notes). Just before serving, sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.