- 4 navel oranges (about 8 oz. each)
- 1 head fennel (about 12 oz.), stalks and discolored ends trimmed and discarded
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- calories 115
- caloriesfromfat 50 %
- protein 1.8 g
- fat 6.3 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 4.2 g
- sodium 298 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cut ends off oranges, then cut away peel and outer membrane of fruit in wide strips, following the curve of the orange with the knife. Discard peel; slice fruit crosswise 1/2 inch thick and arrange slices on a large rimmed plate.
Rinse fennel and thinly slice crosswise (or use a mandoline); arrange slices over oranges.
Drizzle olive oil evenly over fennel and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Scatter olives over salad.