Delicious! Easy, quick, unique flavor, and nutritious. Can't ask for much more than that. The star here is the tzatziki sauce. For only having four/five ingredients, the flavor is incredible. You will want to make it again for other uses. Served with wild rice casserole, roasted sweet peppers, and white wine. A green salad would be nice here too.
Fennel-Marinated Halibut with Fennel Tzatziki
Tzatziki is a yogurt-based Greek condiment that traditionally contains cucumber. Using fennel in place of cucumber adds sweetness and a mild licorice flavor to the sauce. Fennel seeds impart a slightly nutty flavor in the marinade. Substitute snapper when you can't find fresh halibut.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 239
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 37.6g
- Carbohydrate: 5.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 358mg
- Calcium: 202mg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded fennel bulb
- 2 teaspoons chopped fennel fronds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 5 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large zip-top plastic bag; add fish. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spoon yogurt onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; spread to 1/2-inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes. Scrape into a bowl using a rubber spatula. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, shredded fennel bulb, chopped fennel fronds, and garlic. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove fish from bag; discard marinade. Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note