- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 head fennel (4 to 5 in. wide)
- 9 cups bite-size pieces rinsed and crisped red-leaf lettuce leaves (see notes)
- 6 cups lightly packed rinsed and crisped arugula (see notes)
- Salt and pepper
- calories 147
- caloriesfromfat 86 %
- protein 1.8 g
- fat 14 g
- satfat 2 g
- carbohydrate 5.4 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- sodium 43 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a wide bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, and mustard.
Trim stalks from fennel. Rinse feathery green leaves and chop enough to measure 1/4 cup; discard remaining leaves and stalks. Trim and discard root end, any bruised areas, and coarse fibers from fennel head; rinse head, thinly slice, and mix with dressing in bowl. Add chopped fennel greens, lettuce, and arugula to bowl.
Lift with salad fork and spoon to mix with dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.