Liked it after my changes. Used only four cups broth, added some fennel seeds during the grilling part and then toward the end, grated some carrots into the soup for sweetness.
Fennel-Ginger Miso Soup
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 62
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Protein: 7.1g
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 4.5g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 238mg
- Cholesterol: 3.9mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh fennel
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 6 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon each white and red miso paste (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add fennel, onion, and ginger. Stir often until fennel is tender when pierced, 8 to 10 minutes. Add 2 cups broth.
- 2. Pour mixture into a blender and add miso. Whirl until as smooth as you like. Return to pan and add remaining 4 cups broth. Stir often over medium-low heat until hot. Ladle into bowls, then add chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews