I can't add much new, but easy to make on a weeknight and such a good blend of spices! Tastes like Indian without the heat - lovely dish!
Fennel-Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Butterflying the pork tenderloin reduces the cooking time and the simple rub of fennel seeds, coriander, Worcestershire sauce, and minced garlic adds aromatic spice. Don't worry if some of the rub stays in the pan after cooking–those tasty bits pan sauce.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 168
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 24.9g
- Carbohydrate: 3.5g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 288mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 6 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place fennel and coriander in a spice or coffee grinder; process until coarsely ground. Place spice mixture in a blender or food processor. Add 2 tablespoons broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper; process until well-blended.
- Slice the pork tenderloin horizontally into 2 equal pieces. Slice each piece of pork lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side; open flat. Rub spice mixture over pork.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pork; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove pork from pan; keep warm. Add 1/4 cup broth to pan, and cook until liquid almost evaporates, scraping the pan to loosen browned bits. Pour over pork.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This