This vibrant seasonal salad is an ideal way to showcase your favorite apples--just be sure to use ones that are super crisp, tart, and sweet, and keep the peels on to add color and texture. Can't find fennel? Three ribs of thinly sliced celery make a good substitute in a pinch.
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 large crisp, sweet apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Toss together first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Slice fennel bulb thinly, reserving fronds. Finely chop fennel fronds to equal 1 1/2 Tbsp., and sprinkle over salad. Add fennel slices to salad.
- 2. Toss together apple slices, vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl. Add apple mixture to fennel mixture; toss to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note