Favorite Sugar Cookies
Our families favorite sugar cookie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) butter soften
- 1 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar sifted
- 2 piece(s) large eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar for decorations
- Beat butter and vegetable oil at medium speed
- with an electric mixer until blended;
- Gradually add 1 cup sugar and
- powdered sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients;
- add to butter mixture,
- beating at low speed until blended.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls
- 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Dip a flat-bottomed glass in 1/2 cup sugar,
- and flatten each mound of dough to 1/4-inch
- thickness (about a 1-1/2 inch circle)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes*
- or until edges are golden.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ghasty and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Favorite Sugar Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies