Favorite Chocolate Fudge
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, grated
- 2 (5.33-ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, grated chocolate, and milk in a large Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Cover and continue to cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals from sides of pan. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (236°).
- Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla (do not stir). Let stand 15 minutes or until mixture cools to lukewarm (110°). Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens and begins to lose its gloss.
- Working rapidly, spread mixture in a buttered 9-inch square baking pan. Mark top of warm candy into 1 1/2-inch squares, using a sharp knife. Cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This