Fava Beans with Tomato and Onion
Serve this colorful side dish with salmon.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 123
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Carbohydrate: 20.3g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 182mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 4 1/2 pounds unshelled fava beans (about 2 1/4 cups shelled)
- 2 cups sliced, halved plum tomatoes (about 4)
- 1 cup vertically sliced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Remove beans from pods; discard pods. Cook beans in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove beans with a slotted spoon. Plunge beans into ice water; drain. Remove tough outer skins from beans; discard skins. Set beans aside.
- Combine beans, tomatoes, and next 6 ingredients (through black pepper) in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, tossing well. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Combine sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Drizzle over bean mixture, tossing gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables