- 4 1/2 pounds unshelled fava beans (about 2 1/4 cups shelled)
- 2 cups sliced, halved plum tomatoes (about 4)
- 1 cup vertically sliced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- calories 123
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- fat 2.2 g
- satfat 0.3 g
- monofat 1.4 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 6.5 g
- carbohydrate 20.3 g
- fiber 5.1 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 182 mg
- calcium 39 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Remove beans from pods; discard pods. Cook beans in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove beans with a slotted spoon. Plunge beans into ice water; drain. Remove tough outer skins from beans; discard skins. Set beans aside.
Combine beans, tomatoes, and next 6 ingredients (through black pepper) in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, tossing well. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes, stirring once.
Combine sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Drizzle over bean mixture, tossing gently to coat.