- 2 pounds unshelled fava beans (about 3 cups shelled)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (about 1 ounce)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 335
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 4.7 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 17.3 g
- carbohydrate 51.9 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- cholesterol 46 mg
- iron 4.1 mg
- sodium 411 mg
- calcium 116 mg
How to Make It
Remove beans from pods; discard pods. Cook beans in boiling water 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Remove outer skins from beans; discard skins.
Combine basil and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor; process until smooth. With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute, and process until well blended.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Combine pasta and basil mixture in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Add beans and tomatoes, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.