Fava Bean, White Corn, and Wild Mushroom Succotash
If fresh fava beans are unavailable, substitute 8 ounces of the frozen, shelled variety.
This recipe goes with Grilled Sockeye Salmon with Fava Bean, White Corn, and Wild Mushroom Succotash
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound fresh fava beans, in the pod
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 pound morels or chanterelles, thoroughly cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 1/4 cups fresh white corn kernels (about 2 1/2 ears)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Shell fava beans; cook in boiling water to cover 1 minute. Drain well. Rinse under cold running water, and pat dry. Use your fingertips to pull a bit of the tough skin from the top of each bean, and push bean out of skin. Set beans aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat in a medium skillet; add mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Sauté 4 minutes or just until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet. Add onion and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; sauté 2 minutes. Add corn and remaining 1 tablespoon butter, and sauté 3 minutes. Stir in fava beans, and sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; sauté 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Stir in tarragon, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables