- 4 1/2 pounds unshelled fava beans (about 2 1/4 cups shelled)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto (about 1/2 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leek (about 2 medium)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups trimmed arugula
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- calories 266
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 7.6 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- monofat 2.4 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 13.9 g
- carbohydrate 35.4 g
- fiber 4.7 g
- cholesterol 28 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 691 mg
- calcium 167 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Remove beans from pods; discard pods. Cook beans in boiling water 1 minute. Remove beans with a slotted spoon. Plunge beans into ice water; drain. Remove tough outer skins from beans; discard skins. Set beans aside.
Arrange prosciutto in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; bake at 400° for 7 minutes or until crisp. Set aside.
Bring broth and water to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil); keep warm over low heat.
Melt butter in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add leek and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add rice and thyme; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium. Add white wine; cook 1 minute or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 20 minutes total). Stir in beans, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat; stir in arugula and cheese. Top with prosciutto.