So simple and so yummy. This was my first time working with fava beans and now I'm addicted. They went so well with the shrimp. I'll be making this again!
Fava Bean and Grilled Shrimp Salad in Radicchio Cups
Photo: Jeff Kauck; Styling: Andrea Kuhn
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 378
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 35.4g
- Fiber: 14.3g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Iron: 6.8mg
- Sodium: 474mg
- Calcium: 125mg
- 1 1/2 cups shelled fava beans (about 2 pounds unshelled)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 radicchio leaves
- Cook beans in boiling water 1 minute; drain. Plunge beans into ice water; drain. Remove tough outer skins from beans; discard skins. Place beans in a large bowl; set aside.
- Prepare grill.
- Thread shrimp evenly onto 6 (12-inch) skewers; brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle shrimp evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Cool slightly; remove shrimp from skewers. Add shrimp to beans.
- Combine remaining 5 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, juice, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle juice mixture over shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Stir in parsley.
- Place 1 radicchio leaf on each of 4 salad plates; spoon 1 cup shrimp mixture into each leaf.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note