- 1 1/2 cups shelled fava beans (about 2 pounds unshelled)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 radicchio leaves
- calories 378
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 9.6 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 5.4 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 38 g
- carbohydrate 35.4 g
- fiber 14.3 g
- cholesterol 172 mg
- iron 6.8 mg
- sodium 474 mg
- calcium 125 mg
How to Make It
Cook beans in boiling water 1 minute; drain. Plunge beans into ice water; drain. Remove tough outer skins from beans; discard skins. Place beans in a large bowl; set aside.
Thread shrimp evenly onto 6 (12-inch) skewers; brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle shrimp evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Cool slightly; remove shrimp from skewers. Add shrimp to beans.
Combine remaining 5 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, juice, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle juice mixture over shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Stir in parsley.
Place 1 radicchio leaf on each of 4 salad plates; spoon 1 cup shrimp mixture into each leaf.