This is a bit bland. The sherry flavor is nice, but overall it is just ok.
Fava Bean, Asparagus, and Pasta Soup
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 200
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 11.9g
- Carbohydrate: 27.6g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 481mg
- Calcium: 133mg
- 4 1/2 pounds unshelled fava beans (about 2 1/4 cups shelled)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup uncooked acini di pepe (about 3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/3 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Remove beans from pods; discard pods. Cook beans in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove beans with a slotted spoon. Plunge beans into ice water; drain. Remove tough outer skins from beans; discard skins. Set beans aside.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and carrot; sauté for 2 minutes (do not brown). Stir in pasta; sauté 2 minutes. Add sherry; cook 10 seconds or until liquid evaporates. Add broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes. Add beans and asparagus; cook 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in juice and salt. Top with cheese and chives.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note