Good, takes a while to prep and it makes alot. I am not a huge parsley fan, but my partner liked this alot.
Fattoosh Mixed Herb and Toasted Pita Salad
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 169
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 28.1g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- Calcium: 133mg
- 2 (6-inch) pitas
- 3 tablespoons ground sumac or 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cucumber, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place pitas in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until toasted; break into bite-size pieces. Combine pita, sumac, and oil, tossing well to coat. Add lettuce and remaining ingredients; toss well.
- Note: Ground sumac is available at Middle Eastern markets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fattoosh Mixed Herb and Toasted Pita Salad Recipe at a Glance