Father Tim's Angel Biscuits
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) Water
- 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar Plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 package(s) Instant dry yeast
- 5 cup(s) White Lily all-purpose flour More for rolling out the dough
- 1 tablespoon(s) Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 cup(s) Shortening
- 2 cup(s) Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Bake biscuits: 10-12 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- -coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray
- -warm the water in a small saucepan to 105 to 115 F
- -stir in 1t of the sugar. Add the yeast and stir until dissolved. Allow the yeast to proof.
- -sift the flour, remaining 1/3c of the sugar, the baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
- -cut in the shortening until the mixture looks like coarse cumbs.
- -add the buttermilk and the yeast mixture and stir until well mixed.
- -turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 3 or 4 times.
- -roll the dough out until 1/2 inch thick, cut into rounds with 2 inch cookie cutter.
- -place on the cookie sheet, cover with towell, and let rise until doubled in volume, about 45 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ShirleyDevore and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Father Tim's Angel Biscuits Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads