Fat Spaghetti with Bacon & Artichokes - Everyday w Rachel Ray
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound(s) fat spaghetti such as bucatini
- 3 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 1/4-1/3 pound(s) pancetta or center cut bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3-4 clove(s) garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 cup(s) chicken stock
- 2 cup(s) thawed, frozen artichoke hearts or 1 can hearts drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) freshly grated pecorino/romano
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped parsley
- 1.Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- 2.While the pasta is working, in a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 3 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the guanciale (or pancetta or bacon) and cook until the fat is rendered, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, season with pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the wine, then the stock. Add the artichoke hearts and cook to heat through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt. Lower the heat to low.
- 3.Stir the reserved pasta cooking water into the artichoke sauce. Add the pasta, 1/2 cup cheese and the parsley; toss. Serve the pasta in shallow bowls and pass more cheese at the table.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fat Spaghetti with Bacon & Artichokes - Everyday w Rachel Ray Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes