Fat Flush Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/4 pound(s) lean ground beef or turkey or shredded chicken
- 1 whole(s) onion chopped
- 2 whole(s) garlic cloves chopped
- 1 whole(s) bell peppers seeded and chopped
- 8 ounce(s) mushrooms chopped
- 14 ounce(s) crushed tomatoes
- 32 ounce(s) reduced-sodium tomato or veggie cocktail juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne, or to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 1. In stockpot, heat olive oil over medium-high setting. Saute meat/poultry until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Saute onion, garlic, peppers and mushrooms until soft, about 5 minutes
- 3. Stir in remaining ingredients, except cilantro and parsley. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro and parlsey.
- 4. Cover; simmer 10 minutes longer. Store soup in refrigerator up to 5 days. Freezes well. Makes 12-14 cups. 1 serving = 3 cups.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shellbell and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fat Flush Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews