Amazing! So unique. A must-make!
The Fat Elvis
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 5 to 6 ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Peanut Butter Spread
- 10 cooked bacon slices, halved
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Cut 4 bananas into 2-inch pieces; halve each piece lengthwise. Mash remaining bananas to equal 1/2 cup. Sift together flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add mashed bananas and peanuts. Grate butter over flour mixture, using large holes of a box grater. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Add buttermilk, stirring just until mixture is slightly moistened.
- 2. Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface; shape into a ball. Pat into a 1/2-inch-thick circle.
- 3. Cut with a floured, 3-inch round cutter, and place biscuits 1 inch apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Split warm biscuits; spread bottom halves of biscuits with Peanut Butter Spread. Top each with 2 bacon pieces and 2 banana slices. Cover with biscuit tops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch