- 1 cup pearled farro
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 ounces finely chopped pancetta
- 1 1/2 cups radishes, trimmed and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 packed cup baby arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in farro and 1 teaspoon salt; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until just tender, stirring occasionally. Drain; transfer farro to a large bowl.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pancetta. Cook about 3 minutes or until browned. Remove pancetta from pan with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in pan; discard remaining drippings. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add radishes; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Remove pan from heat. Stir in lemon juice, oil, and honey. Pour radish mixture over farro; toss to coat. Add half of reserved pancetta, peas, arugula, mint, pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss gently to combine. Top evenly with remaining pancetta.