Made this exactly as the recipe states, it was very good. Don't skip the creamy feta dressing! This was my first time eating farro, I'll definitely be cooking it again.
Farro Salad with Creamy Feta
Good news, whole-grain shoppers! Precooked farro is popping up in both the grain aisle and the frozen-foods section of many supermarkets. Alternatively, you can cook up a batch of unpearled farro in about 45 minutes--it keeps, refrigerated, for up to 1 week and freezes beautifully.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 377
- Fat: 15.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 14.5g
- Carbohydrate: 56.2g
- Fiber: 7.1g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 589mg
- Calcium: 135mg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups precooked whole-grain farro
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup organic canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (6-inch) whole-wheat pita
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened (about 1/4 cup)
- 1.5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add farro; toss gently to combine.
- 3. Combine tomato and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Add tomato mixture to farro mixture; toss gently to combine.
- 4. Split pita into 2 rounds; cut each round into 6 wedges. Lightly coat pita with cooking spray; sprinkle with paprika. Arrange pita wedges on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until crisp.
- 5. Combine yogurt, 2 tablespoons water, cream cheese, and feta, stirring with a whisk. Serve with farro salad and pita chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note