- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups precooked whole-grain farro
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup organic canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (6-inch) whole-wheat pita
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened (about 1/4 cup)
- 1.5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
- calories 377
- fat 15.6 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- monofat 6.5 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 14.5 g
- carbohydrate 56.2 g
- fiber 7.1 g
- cholesterol 21 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 589 mg
- calcium 135 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add farro; toss gently to combine.
Combine tomato and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Add tomato mixture to farro mixture; toss gently to combine.
Split pita into 2 rounds; cut each round into 6 wedges. Lightly coat pita with cooking spray; sprinkle with paprika. Arrange pita wedges on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until crisp.
Combine yogurt, 2 tablespoons water, cream cheese, and feta, stirring with a whisk. Serve with farro salad and pita chips.