This salad is really satisfying and healthy tasting. I followed the recipe as written. I served it as a side to grilled lamb chops and then ate the leftovers for lunch. I plan to make it again.
Farro Salad with Cherry Tomato, Onion, and Almonds
More From Cooking Light
Total: 38 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 375
- Fat: 16.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 217mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- 9 ounces uncooked pearled farro
- 1 1/2 cups sliced, halved cucumber (half moon)
- 1 1/2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup Multipurpose Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup lightly salted, smoked almonds, chopped
- 1. Cook farro according to package directions, omitting salt; drain in a colander. Rinse with cold water for 30 seconds; drain. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Combine cooked farro, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and parsley in a large bowl.
- 3. Combine vinaigrette and mascarpone in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour over farro mixture, tossing to combine. Top with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This