wonderfully easy to make, pleasantly chewy, plain & delicious flavor
Farro, Green Olive, and Feta Salad
This recipe, ridiculously easy to make, comes to us from Feel Good Foods Catering in Santa Cruz, California. Use the best green olives you can find--they really stand out here.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 212
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 6.2g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sodium: 363mg
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- 1 cup farro wheat*
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Meyer lemon zest (from about 4 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled sheep's-milk or other creamy feta cheese
- 2/3 cup mild green olives such as Lucques, cut away from pit in 3 pieces
- 1. Bring 4 cups salted water to a boil and stir in farro. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook farro until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and spread out on a rimmed baking sheet to cool and dry a bit, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Whisk oil, lemon juice and zest, pepper, and parsley together in a medium bowl. Stir in feta, olives, and cooked farro.
- *Find at well-stocked grocery stores or order online from bluebirdgrainfarms.com
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note